Week 8, a week full of frustration, bad luck and stress. Why is that so?
The holiday started well, we had almost everything arranged, we knew how we wanted to film and we made a list of props that everyone had to collect during the recess. But during the autumn break the ambiance changed, people were not responding on questions about the prop list and we still couldn’t find a place to film on our first day: Sunday. At the end of the week still nothing had changed and we noticed that some didn’t put effort in the props. We agreed on letting the editors do the preparation on Sunday and we start filming on Monday. On Monday we found out that there was no preparation done. We had to find out how we could do everything. After 2,5 hours we finally could start to film, could. Turns out we lacked communication between script writers and editors, the script changed but the visualizations never got updated. Back to the start, Alisa and I (Esmée) went through the script again, the editors/filming crew started to try out the microphone and filming. They were searching for the best way to get audio and filming in the same time period. At 5 o’clock the lights had to be handed in so we stopped for the day and realized we are one day behind track and the filming will take a lot more time then we expected.
Tuesday, a small group of the editors worked on the filming, the set up went quicker and everything went fluent. 1/3 was filmed and Wednesday we continued, searched for an empty room and did the set up,again.
It was a hard week and we can feel the stress. There were some irritations among the group because of this but we managed to get our heads looking towards the same direction: the good end result of the video.
For all the other teams I can say: good luck and let’s rock that last week of our first module.